Content Marketing Strategist
Content Marketing Strategist
This role is responsible for creating, leading, and supporting the content strategy for a handful of accounts. You understand business and marketing goals and are able to leverage content marketing to help achieve those goals. You’ll also be a driving force in establishing the foundation for content marketing operations at Search Nurture – developing collaborative workflows and processes in order to effectively scale.
Search Nurture Values
- Content Editing – excellent written, grammatical, and editorial skills with a high attention to detail. Understands how to make content highly effective for search, UX, and conversion.
- Organized – you take responsibility for your own schedule and workload. You know what’s expected of you each week and can confidently identify priorities and meet deadlines. You’re great at managing projects and workflows.
- Strong Communicator – understands how to listen carefully making sure any confusion is cleared up right away. You in return speak clearly and concisely.
- Managing Execution – regularly demonstrate resourcefulness, motivation, initiative and leadership.
- Data Analysis – data-driven, demonstrating the ability to understand key performance drivers and the ability to execute against findings.
- Process – Ability to create, document, and educate on a repeatable, effective content process.
- Experience with WordPress, Clearscope, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, and other SEO and Content Marketing tools
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Search Console.
- Possess basic data skills (analytics, reporting, Excel / Google Spreadsheets formulas) including analyzing data using pivot tables, using queries to find the data you are looking for quickly, and using formulas such as VLookup.
- Experience using PowerPoint or similar to create and deliver impactful client and internal team presentations.
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Understand, follow, and improve Search Nurture processes.
We are a very process-oriented company. Each process was created for a reason and in order to always be aligned with the team, you need to follow these from start to finish.
Bring to light ways that the processes can be improved.
Adapt to changes in the processes quickly. As we grow and our clients expand the way we do things will organically change.
If there is a process you are confused about don’t hesitate to ask questions.
- Consistently deliver high-quality deliverables.
This role touches on a variety of different tasks; everything you deliver should be of high quality with very few mistakes. Always be proud of the work you are completing!
If you are confused about the expectations, be sure to ask to prevent mistakes.
Follow through with client and team requests in the desired timeframe. Search Nurture is a fast-paced environment that requires great attention to detail and the ability to stay organized.
Don’t let requests fall flat. If a client or team member requests something, make sure to document and complete.
Manage client scope. If you are on top of tasks needed for completion you should be able to manage this proactively vs reactively.
Anticipating client requests or needs before they occur.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
When you speak to clients you are confident and if you are unsure of the answer, you assure them you will find out.
Any meeting you have, internally or externally you are prepared. If there were action items to be completed by you beforehand you have those completed and ready to present.
Our clients trust you and your skillset – continue to demonstrate your ability to perform.
- Have the desire to grow!
We encourage you to take on new challenges when able. If you haven’t done a task or project before, ask questions and learn.
Gain knowledge from team members. Our team is filled with knowledge!
In order for our company to grow, we foster employee growth. We’ll help any teammate get to the next level in their career given they display a desire to get there.