Director of Retail Ads & Technology
Director of Retail Ads & Technology, Paid Media
The Director of Retail Ads & Technology is responsible for implementing vision and strategy while supporting Search Nurture’s clients through agency management and platform development. They are creative as they identify opportunities for innovation that improve and scale our portfolio. This person should have a strong understanding of our client’s needs and the ability to develop products that will improve the client’s pain points and set us apart from the competition. It is a cross-functional role that will have interaction with the Paid Media, Engineering, and Sales teams. Time will be spent 50/50 between agency management and growth and platform development.
Search Nurture Values
- Organized – take responsibility for your own schedule and workload. You know what’s expected of you each week and can confidently identify priorities and meet multiple deadlines. If you need assistance you are able to act proactively vs reactivity.
- Strong Communicator – understands how to listen carefully making sure any confusion is cleared up right away. You in return speak clearly and concisely.
- Respectful – ability to respect clients and team members even in challenging or difficult situations. Everyone has their own ideas and perceptions and we will respect these even when we do not agree.
- Problem Solver – you don’t stop at the first roadblock. Using your resources you find a solution while thinking outside of the box.
- Self-Motivated – without needing pressure from others you have that desire to grow and improve your current skill set.
- Critical Thinking – you are able to make logical and informed decisions.
- Self Aware – you are able to recognize responses or actions that are appropriate for that time and place. You are also able to identify when you need help.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic, tactical and operational plans and lead the team in achieving defined goals.
- Proven track record of success in managing complex and multi-faceted strategies
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, changing from one task to another without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Experience delivering clear, strategic presentations resulting in action.
- Expert experience with retail advertising and eCommerce marketplace platforms, specifically Amazon Advertising. Know and implement best practices and stay current in order to test and adapt to evolving ways of structuring and optimizing campaigns.
- Knowledge of Walmart Advertising and emerging platforms such as Instacart and Criteo are a plus.
- Strong experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Search Console.
- Expert data skills (analytics, reporting, Excel / Google Spreadsheets formulas) including analyzing data using pivot tables, using queries to find the data you are looking for quickly, and using formulas such as VLookup.
- Expert experience using PowerPoint or similar to create and deliver impactful client and internal team presentations.
The following experience/skills are not required but are nice to have:
- Experience using third-party advertising management platforms specifically for retail eCommerce advertising, such as Kenshoo, Pacvue, Teikametrics, Sellics, Perpetua, Tinuity, or others.
- Knowledge of the non-advertising, retail business management side of eCommerce
- Vendor relationship management/building relationships
- Team leadership – Direct management or indirect support/training of account managers, account coordinators, interns, etc.
- Prior experience with other paid search/paid social advertising on Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook, or others is also nice to have.
- Maximizing client retention and growth strategies.
Drive results that exceed campaign objectives and goals.
Lead and encourage the development of innovative retail ads strategies and processes to maximize client success and team efficiencies.
Work closely with the digital growth team to identify and help capture opportunities for existing and new channels.
As a leader, you may need to step into account management from time-to-time depending on business needs. Although you may not own the accounts, it’s important to understand the current client health and identify performance issues proactively.
Responsible for the execution of client campaigns to the Search Nurture standard and the continued positive performance and growth within retail ads.
- Improve team member retention, growth, and development.
Provide support and ensure they have the tools, training, and resources to achieve success for their clients and themselves.
Identify performance gaps proactively and take action on how managing them.
Foster strong communication with direct reports to make sure they are able to bring concerns or questions to leadership.
Encourage team work with a productive and inclusive team environment where team members can collaborate, innovate and support each other to maximize team synergies.
- Understand, follow, and improve Search Nurture processes.
We are a very process-oriented company. Each process was created for a reason and in order to always be aligned with the team, you need to follow these from start to finish.
Bring to light ways that the processes can be improved.
Quickly adapt to changes in the processes. As we grow and our clients expand the way in which we do things will organically change.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions if there’s a process you find unclear or confusing.
If you find a faster, quicker, better way to do something – let us know!
- Drive adoption of new platforms and opportunities.
Lead by example. We don’t ask anyone to do things we wouldn’t do ourselves. We are the change we want to see. If we want something to change, we do it first.
Ability to drive project completion with limited feedback
Adapt to changes quickly. As a growing company, there will be new ways of doing things so we need to stay agile.
If you find a faster, better way to do something – let us know!
- Have the desire to grow!
We encourage you to take on new challenges when able. If you haven’t done a task or project before, ask questions and learn.
Gain knowledge from team members. Our team is filled with knowledge!
In order for our company to grow, we foster employee growth. We’ll help any teammate get to the next level in their career given they display a desire to get there.