Head of Paid Media
Head of Paid Media, Paid Media
The Head of Paid Media will lead the paid media team on a day to day basis, driving the overall approach to account managers across all paid and retail channels. They will focus on channel and cross channel strategy. They will plan and work collaboratively with other teams to build, enhance and roll out new initiatives, processes and operational standards. The role will facilitate thought leadership across all facets of paid media including digital strategies, campaign strategies and lean into data driven results across all channels. The Head of Paid Media will oversee and guide the Paid Media Team including Directors, Account Managers and Analysts. Proven experience in leadership is fundamental as well as a knowledge of digital marketing strategies in search, display, video, social, retail ads and emerging applications. They should have a strong understanding of digital marketing technologies and tracking.
Search Nurture Values
- Campaign Strategy – You have a deep understanding of how to leverage Paid Media to achieve digital marketing goals and can advise and support team members on how they can do the same.
- Strong Communicator – Excellent people management skills; ability to train, oversee, coach, mentor, and resolve conflicts remotely with strong communication skills.
- Process Leader – You lead the way with the development and maintenance of Search Nurture Paid Media processes and best practices.
- Thought Leader – Your colleagues look to you as a thought leader and love coming to you for advice and mentorship for their own development.
- Organized – you take responsibility for your own schedule and workload. You know what’s expected of you each week and can confidently identify priorities and meet deadlines. If you need assistance you are able to act proactively vs reactivity. You also are knowledgeable and stay on top of compliance requirements.
- Attitude Leader – Show the team the proper attitude and lead by example. Ability to respect team members even when disputes may arise. Everyone has their own ideas and perceptions and we will respect these even when we don’t agree.
- Problem Solver – you don’t stop at the first roadblock. Using your resources you find a solution while thinking outside of the box.
- Self-Motivated – without needing pressure from others you have the desire to grow and improve your current skill set.
- Critical Thinker – you’re able to make logical and informed decisions.
- Team leadership – Direct management or indirect support/training of account managers, account coordinators, interns, etc.
- Experience leading teams across different channel platforms as well as expert experience with digital advertising and strategies across multiple platforms
- Ability to develop and implement strategic, tactical and operational plans and lead the team in achieving defined goals.
- Strategic and critical thinker, but also creative and innovative
- Strong business sense and financial skills
- Proven track record of success in managing complex and multi-faceted strategies
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, changing from one task to another without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Search Console.
- Expert data skills (analytics, reporting, Excel / Google Spreadsheets formulas) including analyzing data using pivot tables, using queries to find the data you are looking for quickly, and using formulas such as VLookup.
- Experience delivering clear, strategic presentations resulting in action.
- Improve overall performance across the entire organization.
Work with other teams to drive cohesive digital strategy across multiple platforms including but not limited to the strategy, planning, execution and reporting.
Standardize channel services to establish training programs and technical resource availability for further development.
Responsible for the execution of client campaigns to the Search Nurture standard and the continued positive performance and growth within each channel.
Effectively communicate wins and other pertinent agency information; helping to ensure the mission and vision are being upheld.
Market Paid Media efforts through blog posts, case studies and other marketing efforts to enhance the Search Nurture brand.
Assist in sales efforts with advice, strategy, pricing, and analysis.
- Maximize client retention and potential growth opportunities.
Interface with client facing team to provide extensive feedback and insight on strategies, tactics, performance as well as additional opportunities for expansion.
Engage, understand and implement new techniques, strategies and technologies to improve overall account performance.
Keep up to date with latest changes in the industry to ensure Search Nurture is at the forefront of advancement.
Continue to focus on and improve client satisfaction and retention through ongoing touch points.
Drive paid media (and overall company) growth through new business opportunities, increased media spend and cross channel opportunities.
Focus on revenue retention, increased product adoption and channel media spend.
Develop approach to cross sell additional channel services
Ensure accurate billing, forecasting and reporting.
- Improve team member retention, growth, and development.
Provide support and ensure team members have the tools, training, and resources to achieve success for their clients and themselves.
Identify performance gaps proactively and take management action.
Foster strong communication with direct reports to make sure they are able to bring concerns or questions to leadership.
Encourage team work with a productive and inclusive team environment where team members can collaborate, innovate and support each other to maximize team synergies.
- Manage Paid Media P&L
Will be responsible for verifying the accuracy of the Profit and Loss sheets and accounting entries
Reporting and double checking invoices and revenue
Maintaining a target margin and other financial targets
Leading and making the case for when it makes financial sense to hire, negotiate and give raises
Creating Paid Media financial projections
Minimize costs and maximize effectivity to achieve company growth
Creating recommended actions to achieve financial goals based on data, forecasting, and other information
- Improve company-wide processes and performance.
Interviewing and assessing high potential or highly skilled team members in an extremely competitive niche.
Contributing to the team’s strategic mission and goals by participating as a member of the Leadership Team.
Demonstrate all company values at a high level and lead these by example.
Ensure Search Nurture is upholding the highest standards in account management.
Set standards on new optimization tools / techniques.
Be a thought leader and inspire thought leadership throughout the team. Ensure Search Nurture is providing the most advanced and effective service through non stop learning.