HR Generalist / Recruiter (Remote Available)
We’re a growing agile marketing agency founded in Downtown Oakland, although we are remote-first by design. Our company may be small, but our vision is big. Our mission as a company is to change the way marketing works by making it more valuable and more accessible for everyone involved. We do this by providing the maximum value, growth, and service that we can for our clients and employees. We work with some great brands primarily in B2B SaaS and Consumer Packaged Goods, including Intercom, Databricks, Jergens, Curel, and Biore.
We are growing quickly and are looking for someone that to help build and maintain our value based culture, through team development, talent acquisition, and making sure our employees have the right benefits and support.
Develop and deliver a comprehensive Human Resources strategy that integrates and closely aligns with the business strategy. This includes:
- Help build a positive, productive, and fun remote work culture that people want to be part of. This environment should challenge employees to grow while setting them up to succeed.
- Identify blindspots and analyze the company, compensation, and hiring strategy to promote a diverse and equitable environment.
- Build a consistent and repeatable HR process to minimize time spent on administrative work and maximize employee satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively across departments and work-groups to identify and solve problems and achieve organizational goals. Build and maintain strong relationships with other leaders.
- Manage and improve the talent acquisition and hiring process. Create a successful and repeatable system to identify and nurture talent that meets Search Nurture values and amplifies it’s results. Utilizing our LinkedIn Recruiter account.
- Partner with team leaders to determine staffing needs and identify future hiring needs
- Assess team through performance management and succession planning.
- Identify strengths and opportunities within the business structure and create action plans to areas of opportunities.
- Provide expertise and oversight in the following areas: employee on-boarding, off-boarding, and engagement; career development, performance management, coaching, compensation and benefits, employee relations, learning and development, and company compliance.
- Keep a strong pulse on employee engagement and needs, gain insights from employee offboarding and exit interviews.
- Investigate, monitor, and resolve complex employee situations from origin to conclusion while minimizing organizational risk.
- 1+ years’ experience of HR (agency or tech company is a plus)
- Experience with the nuts and bolts of HR, including benefits, leaves of absence, legal compliance (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA), and performance reviews.
- Exceptional written and oral skills, along with finely tuned interpersonal skills and professional judgment. You must be able to demonstrate empathy toward employees and serve as their trusted resource.
- Solid organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana, Trello, Wrike, or Jira
- Can wear many hats. We’re a small startup so sometimes everyone helps where needed.
A Little More About Search Nurture
We believe the key to making a job satisfying is having challenging work that you can succeed at. To accomplish this we grow the company by growing the employees. Everyone is always learning and can directly feel their effect on the company. We love process and encourage everyone to give feedback and improve what we do when they see the opportunity. Process helps us reduce time spent on what we already know, and focus on what’s going to make us better. Work/life balance is important to us, so in addition to working with you directly, we offer flexible work schedules, remote work options, and unlimited PTO. Finally, we are a workplace that encourages growth, not just in your field, but personally, and throughout the company as well.
100% Employer paid Kaiser Gold Plan (or equivalent) and Delta Dental, with other options for care packages. This plan includes Vision Checkups.
Search Nurture is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.